Wondering how to change an Audi A4 brake light? Burned out brake lights can cause accidents if other cars cannot see you. Your Audi A4 will notify you on a burned out bulb from the dash display warning. Changing your own brake light bulb can save you money by avoiding trips to the Audi dealership.
If you wish to do this on your own, you will need the following tools and supplies:
- Replacement A4 brake bulbs (see your manual for the exact bulb code)
- Screwdriver set
- Obtain access to the area. In you order to replace your brake light, you need to get access to the area. Open the trunk on your Audi A4 and locate a circular trim piece directly behind the tail lamp unit. This piece will be the size of a silver dollar. This circular trim can be removed by hand. Make sure you do not lose this piece and store it in a safe location.
- Replace the old bulb. Take your screwdriver and unscrew the single screw in the opening. The tail brake light assembly should come out of the vehicle. Press the tabs to release the back of the tail light assembly from the front housing of the unit. The actual bulbs are located on the rear unit. Extract the old bulb by hand. You may want to use a glove to avoiding putting any dirt or oil on the new bulb.
- Reinstall the unit. Replace the housing by carefully sliding it back into the back of the A4. Perform this with care so you do not accidently scratch the paint. From the interior of the trunk reattach the unit with the original screw.
- Reinstall the trunk trim. Replace the trim piece behind the brake light on your A4. Use your hand to gently press the circular piece back into the original location on the Audi.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.