How To Change Battery In Timex Watch
Need to know how to change a battery in a Timex watch? It's actually much easier than you might think. While some watches almost require you to have an engineering degree to decipher the instructions, the Timex watch is actually one of the most user-friendly watches to work on. Before you attempt to change a battery in a Timex watch, look in the user's guide to find out which watch battery will be needed.
To change a battery in a Timex watch, you will need:
- A small screwdriver or jeweler's screwdrivers
- Your new Timex watch battery
- A cloth to cover your work area (so you don't scratch the face of your Timex watch)
- A small cup or container to hold screws (optional)
- Begin by finding a well-lit area. Spread out your cloth over your battery changing work area. Lay your Timex watch face side down on the cloth so you have access to the back of the Timex watch battery panel.
- Depending on the model of your Timex watch, you may have to remove screws which hold the battery panel in place. Be careful when removing these small screws; they can easily become lost if not placed in a small cup or container. Next, look for the small indentations along the sides of the back panel and insert the screwdriver into the indentation. Gently apply pressure to pop the back plate off. After removing, you may find that, depending on the model, there is another plate. This one is just a covering for the battery itself, and is easily removed.
- Take out the old Timex watch battery, and replace it with the new one. Pay close attention to make sure that the new Timex battery goes in the same way that the old battery came out. Generally, Timex watch batteries go in "positive" (+) side down. Pick up the watch, face side down, to make sure that it is now working properly once again.
- Replace the inner plate covering the battery. Then, replace the outer plate by either popping it back into place or replacing the screws.