How To Change Brake Rotors On A 2005 Honda Accord
Your brake rotors are worn down and you need to know how to change brake rotors on your 2005 Honda Accord. Brake rotors affect the breaking of your car and when they wear down, your brakes start acting up. Changing the break pads can sometimes help with your brakes, but sometimes the break rotors have to be changed as well. You can save a few hundred dollars changing brake pads yourself. It is easy to learn how to change brake rotors on a 2005 Honda Accord.
To change brake rotors on a 2005 Honda Accord you need:
- new set of rotors
- jack and jack stands
- lug wrench
- set of wrenches
- socket and ratchet set
- Lift up your car with the jack up your car. Lift up your car enough for you to fit under it. Use the jack stands to support the weight of the car.
- Remove the wheel. Remove the tire and the wheel assembly one at a time from your 2005 Honda Accord.
- Take of the caliper assembly. Loosen the caliper mounting bolts attached to the rotor. Gently slide the caliper assembly off of the old rotor. Hang the caliper underneath the car for safe keeping. You can use wire to help hang the caliper.
- Remove the old rotor. Locate and remove the holding screws with a screwdriver on the rotor of your 2005 Honda Accord. Carefully remove the old rotor off of the studs by tugging on it. If needed clean the surrounding surfaces with a rag.
- Install the new rotor. Place the new rotor securely into the assembly. Insert and tighten the holding screws into the new rotor.
- Insert the caliper on the new rotor. Remove the caliper from underneath the car. Carefully slide the caliper and place it back into position on the rotor. Tightly fasten the caliper mounting bolts with a torque wrench.
- Replace the wheel. Place the tire and wheel assembly back onto your 2005 Honda Accord.
Repeat theses steps for each additional rotor. Lower your car when done and tighten the tire lug nuts. Pump the break until you the pedal gets firm. Take your car for a test ride.