How to Change the Cabin Air Filter on a Toyota
Do you want to know how to change the cabin air filter on your Toyota vehicle? It has been 10,000 miles and it is time for you to change the cabin air filter on your Toyota Vehicle. You want to do it yourself. It is easy to change the cabin air filter on your Toyota vehicle. You need to follow the directions to change the filter correctly
Things you will need:
- A new cabin air filter
- Philip head screwdriver
- Buy a new cabin air filter for your Toyota vehicle. You can do this by going to an auto parts store in person or online. Once you have secured the new cabin air filter, you are ready to change it.
- Open your glove compartment because this is where the cabin air filter is on a Toyota vehicle. You will find a screw on the bottom right of the glove compartment. Remove the screw with your Philip’s head screwdriver. Secure the screw in a safe place. Pull the loop from the arm (over the area) where the screw was removed.
- Squeeze the sides of the glove compartment (inward) together. You will see and remove two tabs. This will allow you to remove the entire glove compartment off its hinges.
- Now you will be able to see the compartment that holds your Toyota cabin air filter. Remove the plastic cover by squeezing the tabs together. There are tabs on both sides of the compartments. You will have to squeeze both tabs to remove the plastic cover.
- Remove the old cabin air filter from your Toyota vehicle. Replace it with the new filter. The filter will have arrows pointing up. This means you will have to put the filter in where the arrows are pointing up. Do not put the filter in upside down. Snap the cover back on.
- Place the glove compartment back into place. Make sure you put the tabs back where they belong. You will have to squeeze the sides of the glove compartment (again) to do this. Replace the loop and the screw on the lower side of the glove compartment. Screw the screw back in with your Philip’s screwdriver. Close the glove compartment. You need to make sure the glove compartment closes correctly. This will show you if you put the glove compartment back together correctly. You have finished changing the cabin air filter on your Toyota vehicle.
- Write down (in your car paperwork) when you changed the filter. Make sure you keep track of the mileage on your car
- Change the cabin air filter at the correct time.
- Follow all directions.
- Secure the screw.
- Keep records of the maintenance for your vehicle.