Use this easy step by step guide to learn how to change Casio watch battery. Casios are attractive and affordable watches. Some are even available with atomic timekeeping; but some models are notorious for relatively short battery life. In some cases, a Casio watch battery will only last a year or less. Many jewelers charge almost as much to replace a watch battery as the original price of the watch. By learning how to change Casio watch battery yourself, you can save a bundle of cash and still know it was done right.
To get the job done, you're going to need gather up a few items in advance. The first thing you'll need is your replacement Casio watch battery. You can usually find the type or model number of the battery by looking on the back cover of the watch.
You will also need:
- Metal tweezers
- A clean cloth
A jeweler's screwdriver- Either flat head or Philips, depending on the model of watch.
- A cup or small box-This is to hold any screws.
How to change a Casio watch battery:
- Spread a cloth over your work area The cloth will help you avoid damaging the finish on your watch.
- If necessary, remove the watch band Removing the band gives you easier access to the back plate.
- Remove the back plate For some models this means using a screwdriver to gently pry it open, and others require removing screws. Keep small screws in a container to avoid losing them!
- Take note of the rubber seal Sometimes they need to be reinstalled in the same orientation. You might even want to use a marker to make a small "match mark" before removing it.
- Locate the battery It looks like a small metal button.
- Remove the battery You might need to loosen (not remove) a small screw and slide a latch out of the way. For other models, it's as simple as popping open a strap that is stretched across the cell.
- Install the new battery Make sure it's in the same orientation as the old one. They usually go in with the positive (+) side down.
- Perform a reset Do this by touching one tip of the tweezers to the AC contact, inside the watch, and the other tip to the back of the watch battery.
- Make sure the watch is working properly Carefully lift the watch to do this. Don't turn it over or the watch movement might fall out.
- Reassemble and seal the watch Perform steps one through four in reverse order to reassemble your watch.
Changing a Casio watch battery isn't all that difficult. Once you've done it few times, it's actually a pretty easy task; but in the meantime, be sure to bookmark this page for quick reference the next time your watch battery runs low.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.