How To Change Default Browser To Firefox
When you purchase a new PC Internet Explorer will be the default web browser or Safari if you have a Mac and this is easy to change to Firefox (or whatever browser you want to use.
Below are the steps you need to do to change your default browser to Firefox for Windows or a Mac.
- Log into your PC. Click the Start button.
- Now you should see Default Programs. You will need to click this.
- Find Set your Default Programs and click on it. This will show you all the programs that are installed on your computer.
- Look through the list and find Firefox and click it. Click the button that says set this program as default. You just set your default web browser to Firefox.
- Log into your PC if you are not logged in. Click the Start button then you need to click the Control Panel button.
- In the control panel window click Programs. A window should come open.
- Click Set Default Programs. You should now see a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
- You should now see Set This Program as Default button on the right side. Click this button and Mozilla Firefox is now the default web browser for Windows Vista!
- Now you need to click on the Start button. Now click Set Program Access and Default and the Control Panel window will open and the Set Program Access and Defaults will be automatically opened.
- Click Custom to see web browsers installed on your computer. Select Mozilla Firefox and click okay. Mozilla Firefox is now your default web browser.
Mac OS X
- The first thing you need to do is download Firefox if you haven’t already. Then with Firefox closed, open Safari (seems confusing right now but yes open Safari and not Firefox.
- In Safari you should see a menu. From this menu choose Preferences.
- Click the "General" icon. Now choose Mozilla Firefox from the default web browser menu. If you don’t see it on the list then you probably are not in the Applications folder. Firefox is now your default web browser.
If you’ve gone through the steps above Mozilla Firefox should be the default web browser for your PC or Mac.