If you'd like to have a simple way for friends and family to find you on Facebook, learn how to change your Facebook URL. A URL is, quite literally, an address. It is the web address that people type in to find anything online. This URL will provide an easy way for people to remember where you are on Facebook. You can create a fun or catchy Facebook URL by inserting a nickname, catchy word or phrase, or any combination of words, into your Facebook account. Here is how to change your Facebook URL.
How to change your Facebook URL.
- Log in. Before you can learn how to change your Facebook URL, you will need to log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to account settings. Located in the upper right hand corner of your home page, you'll see three words. Home. Profile. Account. Go to the word 'account', and scroll down until you see 'account settings'. Click that.
- Think of a new username. You are now on a page that will allow you to change your username. This is the first step in learning how to change Facebook URL. Whatever you decide you want your username to be, will show up as the last few words of your new Facebook URL. You can only change your username ONCE, so be sure it's something that you really like.
- Check username availability. Once you think of a name you would like to use, you'll need to check its availability. Next to the word Username on the screen, you'll see where you can go to change it. Click the word Change and enter the new username you would like to use. Check the availability. If the name is not available, you will need to revise the name or think of a new one altogether. Check the availability again.
- Change username. The final step in learning how to change your Facebook URL is confirming the change of your new username. If the name was available, go ahead and confirm the change.
Now that you've learned how to change your Facebook URL, you can tell your friends and family about the change you made. To find you on Facebook, they will merely have to type in the Facebook address, followed by your username.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.