How To Change Fossil Watch Battery
Need to know how to change a Fossil watch battery? Fossil has a popular and reliable line of watches, but their batteries are a little trickier to change than other brands. Before you begin, you'll need to get a small, flat screwdriver, a soft, clean cloth, and your new battery. Once you have all of your supplies together, the simple steps below will show you how to change your Fossil watch battery without losing your cool, and without breaking your favorite watch.
How To Change Fossil Watch Battery:
- Spread the cloth over your work area, so you don't scratch the crystal on your watch.
- If necessary, remove the band for easier access to the back of the watch.
- Find the slots in the back of the watch, and use the screwdriver to rotate the back plate in a counter clockwise direction.
- Once the back is off, use the screwdriver to gently pry up the edge of the nylon seal, and remove it.
- Using the screwdriver again, press the small spring that holds the battery latch in place.
- Once the latch is released, replace the battery.
- To close and seal the watch, perform these steps in reverse order.
The above guide covers how to change a Fossil watch battery for most models. However, if your watch is a Fossil Twist model, there is an entirely different procedure. According to Fossil, Twist model watches are extremely complex, so they strongly recommend taking them to a trained professional, or sending them to a Fossil customer service center. If you'd still prefer to do it yourself, it's a little difficult but it is possible.
Here's how to change a fossil watch battery for Twist models ME1019-ME1020:
- Follow steps 1 and 2 as before.
- Next, pull out the movement stem.
- Unscrew the fix movement screws and remove the movement.
- Align the second hand with 9 (on the face) and remove it. The other hands can stay.
- Carefully take out the VX3NE movement together with the dial.
- Replace the battery located at the bottom of the VX3NE.
- Repeat all steps in reverse order to reassemble your watch.
Congratulations on your newfound knowledge! To learn how to change Fossil watch battery for other models, search Made Manual or visit Fossil's customer care page.