Knowing how to change the front-turn signal on your Mazda 626 is an essential skill. You can avoid visiting a mechanic or dealer by changing the bulb yourself. Even if you are an automotive notice, it shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes. Changing an automotive bulb in a Mazda 626 is like riding a bike, once you learn, you'll never forget.
To change the front-turn signal on a Mazda 626, you will need the following.
- Socket wrench
- Bulb number 1157A
Steps on how to change the front-turn signal on a Mazda 626.
- Prepare for the procedure. Turn off the engine, open the hood, and put on a clean pair of gloves. Locate the turn-signal housing. It is mounted right outside of the headlight housing.
- Remove the turn-signal housing. Remove the bolt from atop the turn-signal housing. Use the socket wrench to remove it. Pull the housing forward a few inches to allow access to the back part of the case.
- Disconnect the old bulb. Turn the rear of the bulb counterclockwise to disconnect it from the housing.
- Remove the bulb from the connection. Turn the bulb counterclockwise and pull it toward you to remove it.
- Install the new bulb. Insert the bulb into the connection. Turn it clockwise. Insert the connection back into the rear of the housing. Turn it clockwise.
- Replace the housing. Push the housing back into position. Tighten the bolt.
Warning: If you don't wear gloves, wrap the new bulb in a paper towel. Touching the bulb will cause it to fail. The natural oil from your skin is harmful to the bulb.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.