You want to know how to change the fuel filter on a Lexus SC400? The fuel filter on the Lexus SC400 is easily accessible. It is not located in the gas tank of the Lexus. This is good news to you. When a fuel filter is easy to get to, it is easy to change.
Things You Will Need:
- New fuel filter
- Leather work gloves
- Floor jack
- Jack stands
- Socket set
- Box wrenches
- Disposal container
- Drive your car to the auto parts store and buy a new fuel filter for your Lexus SC400. Drive home and make sure your car is cool before you work on it. Also, make sure your Lexus SC400 has less than two gallons left in the fuel tank. You do not want your Lexus full when you change the fuel filter. If it is, the fuel will pour out when you open up the old fuel filter.
- Jack your Lexus SC400 up and place jack stands underneath both of the front tires. Take the cap off the gas tank to remove pressure from the gas tank.
- You need to remove the splashguard to get to the fuel filter on your Lexus SC400. The splashguard is connected to your car with screws and nuts. Remove the screws and nuts with a screwdriver, socket, and socket wrench. Try a 10mm socket on the nuts. Set the splashguard, screws, and nuts to the side. Make sure the screws and nuts are safe.
- Find the fuel filter. It is near the driver side of your Lexus SC400. There are two bolts holding the fuel filter bracket to your car. Remove the bolts with your socket set. Set the bolts safely in your pocket. Place the bucket under your fuel filter. When you disconnect the fuel filter, gas will pour in to the bucket. Take two box wrenches and loosen the connection on the fuel filter. Take the connections off both sides of the fuel filter. Gas will pour into the bucket. This is why you do not want to have too much gasoline left in your gas tank.
- Dump any remaining fuel from the fuel filter into the bucket and set it to the side. Take your new fuel filter and install it. You install the fuel filter the same way you took off the old fuel filter. Use the box wrenches to tighten both sides of the fuel filter.
- Set the bucket full of gas to the side. Reinstall the splashguard with the nuts and screws. Jack your car up and remove the jack stands from underneath the two front tires. Jack your car back down.
- Dispose of the old fuel properly. Do not reuse the old fuel. A clogged (or dirty) fuel filter has dirt and grime in it. Put the old fuel into a disposal bucket, place the top on it, and take it to a place that will dispose of the old fuel.
- A new fuel filter will make your car run smoothly
- Check for leaks periodically
- Make sure you tighten the new fuel filter properly
- Dispose of the old fuel properly
- Change fuel filter with a small of gasoline left in your car
- Use jack stands when you work under your car
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.