Ever wonder how to change the glass on an iPod Touch 1st generation? If your iPod Touch is heavily scratched or cracked, it will be difficult to see the screen and you will need to fix it. If you still have a warranty on your iPod Touch, you have the option to send it to the manufacturer to be repaired, or you can save your money by fixing the device yourself.
To change the glass on a 1st generation iPod Touch, you will need:
- A case opener
- A flat-head screwdriver
- A hair dryer
- Once you've purchased the tools to help change the glass on your 1st generation iPod Touch, begin by turning off the device. At the side of the iPod Touch, wedge the case opener tool inside the glass so that it appears to be stuck. Carefully do this, because the glass may begin to crack.
- With the case opener tool in place, use a flat-head screwdriver to release the clips from the frame. There are ten clips on all sides of the 1st generation iPod Touch.
- Once one side of the clips is released from the frame, slightly lift the glass screen on your iPod Touch to the side. There will be a ribbon cable that will need to be disconnected from the glass screen.
- Use a flat-head screwdriver to lift the tab that holds the ribbon cable in place, then begin to pry up the other side of the iPod Touch. The glass will begin to loosen; set the glass aside as you are not finished with the screen.
- Use a hair dryer on the glass. The adhesive will begin to loosen up when heat is applied directly on the glass. Do this on both sides of the glass screen to remove it. Do not melt any wires.
- Once the old glass screen has been removed, place the new one correctly in place. Reheat the adhesive with the hair dryer to hold the glass screen in place. Let the glass on your iPod Touch cool down. Reattach the glass back into the 1st generation iPod Touch. You've now changed the glass on your iPod Touch. Reassemble the parts and turn on the iPod Touch to look at the glass screen functioning properly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.