How To Change Gmail Email Address
If you've wondered how to change Gmail email address, remember this first: it is not possible to change your Gmail email address username to another Gmail account. You can, however, change the secondary email address associated with your account. If you want to do this do the following steps:
After you sign in to Gmail go to "Personal Information" and click "change security question" link and enter the secondary email address.
If the email address you use currently isn't a Gmail username you can change it to another email address. In order to do this use the following steps:
- Go to the website http://www.google.com/accounts.
- Enter your username and password and click on Sign in.
- Click on the change email link under "Personal information."
- Enter your new email address and your current password.
- Click the "Save Email Address" button to save the changes.
Once you do these steps you will receive an email verifying your change. You will need to click on the link in the email to complete the change. You will also get a confirmation email at your old email address for security purposes.
If you don't use Gmail with your account and would like to add it, follow these steps:
- Sign in at http://www.google.com/accounts
- While still signed in, visit the Gmail homepage at http://mail.google.com
- Click the "Sign up for Gmail" link under the sign-in box.
- Click the "If you already have a Google Account, you can sign in here" link, and follow the instructions to add Gmail the service to your account.