Your heater core isn't working properly and you want to know how to change a heater core on your 94 Chevy Truck. Over time the heater core can become clogged and begin to leak. If you see coolant leaking from underneath your dashboard then most likely it is the heater core. The heater core helps to balance the temperature on your 94 Chevy Truck. The heater core heats up your engine when it is too cool, so when the heater core is not working hot air does not blow through the card vents. With a few supplies and a little time you will be able to change the heater core on your 94 Chevy Truck.
To change the heater core on your 94 Chevy Truck you need:
- wrench set
- socket wrench set
- drip pan
- Disconnect the battery. Disconnect the black battery cable from the battery terminal. Lay the cable aside to make sure it cannot contact the battery connection.
- Drain the coolant liquid. Locate the radiator release valve on the bottom of the radiator. Open the release valve and allow the coolant liquid to drain out completely into the pan.
- Remove the modular duct. The modular duct is located inside the glove compartment on the passenger side of your 94 Chevy Truck. Use a socket wrench to remove the mounting bolts from the modular duct. Remove the modular duct from inside of the glove compartment.
- Disconnect the heater hoses. The heater hoses are attached to the heater core. Once you disconnect the hoses plug them with a couple of rags.
- Remove the heater core. Use a socket wrench to remove the heater core mounting bolts and then remove the heater core form the 94 Chevy Truck.
- Install the new heater core. Slide the new heating core into place. Replace all of the mounting bolts Put the modular duct and the hoses carefully back into place. Add coolant and water until the heater core is filled.
- Start up the 94 Chevy. Allow a few minuets for the air to flow and hot air to begin to blow.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …