Learning how to change the air filter in a Honda Civic is very important as the air filter prevents airborne particles, such as dirt and dust, from entering into your engine's intake system. If the filter is too dirty, airflow is restricted. This reduces performance as well as fuel economy. Change your Civic's filter every 15,000 to 20,000 miles to keep it operating efficiently.
To change the air filter in your Honda Civic, you will need the following.
- New filter
- Shop rag (optional)
- Purchase a new filter. Honda recommends installing an original-equipment filter, but you can purchase an after market filter at any auto-parts store. You can buy a Honda filter from your nearby Honda dealer or online.
- Take safety precautions. Turn the engine off and open the hood. Don't attempt to remove the air filter with the engine running. Consider letting the engine compartment cool down for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Open the air box. Pull up the four clips surrounding the air box. No tool is necessary, you can pull them up with your fingers. Lift the top half of the air box to view the filter.
- Take out the used filter. Grasp the used filter and pull it out. Inspect the bottom of the compartment. If it's dirty, wipe it with a shop rag.
- Position the new filter. Insert the new filter with the rim facing up. Push down along the edge of the rim to make sure the filter is set
- Close the air box. Place the top half of the box back onto the bottom half. Push down the four clips.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …