Do you want to know how to change the icons on your iPhone? New icons are a great way to customize the look of your iPhone. Follow these steps to replace the existing icons with new icons of your choosing:
- First, you must download a free program called iPhone Explorer onto your computer. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac systems.
- Once the program is downloaded, run it and wait for it to open. Then connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable. The name of your iPhone will be loaded into the program.
- In the iPhone Explorer window, click on the name of your phone. Then browse the apps. Click on the name of the app for which you'd like to change the icon.
- On your iPhone itself, rename the icon you'd like to change. For example, if the icon is currently named icon.png, change the name to icon_old.png. This will allow you to replace it with a new icon without losing the original icon.
- Drag your new icon into the appname folder you opened in step 3. Your icon must be saved as a PNG with no layers, no transparency and 72 ppi. If you have an iPhone 4, the size should be 114×114 pixels. For older iPhones, size your icon at 57×57 pixels.
- Rename the new icon as the original name of the old icon. In the example in step 4, this would be icon.png. Exit iPhone Explorer. Then reboot your iPhone. When you turn it back on, the new icon should appear.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.