Have you been trying to figure out how to change icons on your iPod Touch? You may not like the icons on some of your apps or may just be getting tired of them, and want to change to new ones. You don't have to delete the icons to replace them with new ones, nor do you have to jailbreak your iPod touch. A lot of people only know to jailbreak their iPod touch to change icons on it, but there is a way to do this without jailbreaking your iPod. Follow the steps below to learn how to change icons on an iPod touch.
- Download IPhoneExplorer. IPhone Explorer is a program that enables you to browse the iPhone and iPod folders. Download this program on your computer.
- Run the iPhoneExplorer program. Connect your iPod to your computer with a USB cord and run the program IPhoneExplorer. Once the program is installed on your computer, navigate to “TelephoneName/ Apps /APPLICATION NAME /APPLICATION NAME.app.”
- Rename the icon file. If you have an iPod iOS 4 than you will need to rename the file “firstname.lastname@example.org” to "icon@2x_Original.png,” but if your iPod touch is a 3G or earlier rename the file "icon.png" to “icon_Original.png.” This is to have a backup file for your icon.
- Rename your new icons. Take the new icons that you want to change to and rename “email@example.com” if you have an iPod iOS 4, but if your iPod touch is a 3G or earlier rename it "icon.png."
- Activate your changes. Once you are done naming your new icons, reboot your iPod touch. This activates the changes for your new icon.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.