How To Change iPhone Battery
Learning how to change the iPhone battery is an essential skill for iPhone owners. Many iPhone owners want to learn how to change iPhone battery after their battery begins to die. After several years of usage the iPhone battery begins to wear out and it becomes necessary to change the iPhone battery. Special circumstances exist where it may be necessary to learn how to change iPhone battery after a short period of time. Changing the iPhone battery is a cheaper alternative than replacing the iPhone or sending it to an expert.
Things you'll need:
- #000 Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Small Exacto Razor or Flathead Screwdriver
- Replacement Battery (1150mAh)
- iPhone Case Tool
- iPhone SIM Tool
- Prepare your iPhone. Prepare your iPhone for the battery replacement. Power off the iPhone and remove the SIM card using the iPhone SIM Tool.
- Open the case. Insert the iPhone case tool in the gap between the iPhone screen and the chrome bezel just below the home button. Gently pry upwards until the case begins to separate. Remove the three cables that are attached to the upper half using the case opening tool. Separate the two pieces and set them down on your workspace.
- Remove the motherboard. Locate the seven screws, three on one side and four on the other. Removing these screws will help to expose the iPhone battery. Lift the motherboard from the iPhone case to expose the iPhone battery.
- Remove the iPhone battery. Use the tab on the battery to pull upwards on the iPhone battery. Some force may be required to remove the mild adhesive that holds the iPhone battery in place.
- Insert the new battery. Slide the new iPhone battery in the place of the old iPhone battery. Press the iPhone battery into place to ensure that the adhesive bonds, securing the new iPhone battery in place.
- Reassemble the iPhone. Reassemble the iPhone now that the new iPhone battery is installed. Replace the motherboard and the six screws. Re-attach the ribbon cables and gently press the case back together to close it.
- Test the battery. Power on the iPhone to test the new battery. Follow the charging instructions that were included with the new iPhone battery for the first charge.
Tips: Replacement iPhone batteries can be purchased for under $10 USD.