How To Change iPod Name
The process to change iPod names is one of the simplest things you can do. Apple's products were designed to be smooth and user-friendly, and we have Steve Jobs to thank for that. However, you cannot change an iPod name directly on the iPod. It must be done with the assistance of a computer. The only requirements to change an iPod name are that you connect the iPod directly to a computer and that you use Apple's iTunes program to make the change. iTunes is designed to manage many features of your iPod, and it includes the ability to change iPod name.
To change iPod name, you will need:
- An Apple iPod
- USB cable to connect between the iPod and a computer
- A computer with an open USB port
- iTunes installed on the computer.
- Connect the iPod to a computer. You must use a USB cable to do this. Without a cable, or without a computer, you will not be able to change the iPod name.
- Run iTunes on the computer. If iTunes is not installed, you must install it first. Once iTunes is installed, launch the program.
- Locate the iPod in iTunes. Look in the left column of the iTunes window. A connected iPod will be listed under "Devices" in the left column.
- Highlight the old iPod name. Point your mouse at the name of the iPod. You may have to double-click or hold and click. You will be able to type over the old iPod name.
- Change iPod name. Choose a new name for the iPod, and type it in.
- Press enter. Once you do this, the iPod will be renamed.