How To Change iPod Touch Background
Learning how to change an iPod Touch background is not a total mystery, and now it can be done without the headache. However, the only background that can be officially changed with an iPod Touch is the lock screen background. Any other method to change an iPod Touch background has not been authorized by Apple and therefore is not valid. Apple has, however, officially announced that the upcoming iPhone OS 4 will be available for the iPod Touch, and it will allow users to change their actual iPod Touch backgrounds and not just the lock screen background. However, for now, changing the lock screen background is the only customization available as far as changing wallpapers goes.
- If you want to simply change an iPod Touch background (lock screen), begin by navigating into the settings. This can be done from the home screen on the iPod Touch. Just tap the "Settings" icon.
- Next, choose the general options. This will be a choice labeled “General,” and all you need to do is tap it.
- After navigating into the general options, select “Wallpaper.” Now that you’re in your wallpaper settings, you will have two folders to choose an image from: “Save Photos” and “Wallpaper.” The wallpaper folder will contain the available wallpapers for the iPod Touch, and the saved photos are the images that you’ve manually transferred to the iPod Touch.
- Navigate into whichever folder you’d like. Browse the available images and tap an image if you’d like to set it as your background.
- The image will open to provide a preview. If you like the image, you can tap “Set Wallpaper,” or you can just tap “Cancel” and keep searching.