How To Change iPod Touch Themes
Learning how to change iPod Touch themes on an iPod Touch is something that a novice gadget user might find a little difficult, so you might find learning how to change iPod Touch themes just a little tricky. Overall, the process is not too ridiculous, and after just a short period of time, you’ll be changing your iPod Touch themes left and right.
- To be able to change iPod Touch themes, an iPod Touch must first be “jail-broken.” This sounds a little outlandish, but really this means allowing the user to gain full access to the file system within the iPod Touch. Apple initially does not make it possible for users to mess with the software and files that help the iPod Touch to operate, but after jail-breaking, this is all possible. Jail-breaking an iPod Touch is completely legal, but it voids any sort of warranty you might have on the device. It’s really important to consider this aspect of performing this kind of practice on your device before actually delving into it. If you’ve made the decision to do this, there are loads and loads of resources on the web for jail-breaking an iPod Touch.
- After you’ve successfully jail-broken your iPod Touch, you’ll need to install third-party software to install themes on your iPod Touch. Simply jail-breaking an iPod Touch does not initially allow users to install or change themes. In this case, you’ll need an application such as “Summerboard.” Summerboard is an application specifically designed to install and change iPod Touch themes. This application will need to be installed on the iPod Touch.
- After installing Summerboard, reboot the iPod Touch. Restarting the device will activate Summerboard. Be aware that the application won’t function unless you restart.
- Now that your iPod Touch has rebooted, you’ll notice a new icon on the home screen. It will have the word, “SMBPrefs” written underneath. This is where you’ll be changing your theme at. Since you don’t have any yet, it’s pointless to use it. Your next step is to install a theme! Navigate the “Install” tab and “Themes (Summerboard).”
- Now that you’re new theme has successfully been installed, revert back to the home screen. You can now tap the “SMBPrefs” icon and press the “Themes” tab. You’ll see a list of all of your themes here, and you’ll be able to select or change which one you want to use. Any theme you download will appear on this list.
- Once you’ve selected the theme you’d like to use, go back to the home screen. Your only task now is to wait for your device to recuperate and display your new theme. Enjoy your customized iPod Touch.