How To Change iTunes Icon
You may find these steps helpful if you want to know how to change iTunes icon on your computer desktop. There are some iTunes users who find it difficult to make changes to their iTunes icon. You will learn that it is not really difficult to change iTunes icon at all with these simple steps.
- Create a shortcut for your iTunes. To do this, first locate the folder where you saved the iTunes.exe file. You are most likely to find it by going to "C:\Program Files\iTunes\". Right click on the icon of the iTunes.exe file then choose "create a shortcut.” A new shortcut icon for the iTunes will immediately show up on the desktop. You have the option to rename the icon by right clicking on it and select from the option “rename” and type the word you wish to name your desktop iTunes icon with.
- Selecting the design of your iTunes icon. You can find this option by right clicking on the icon from the desktop and click on “properties.” A new window will show up where you can select the “shortcut tab” and then choose “change icon.” A small pop up window will appear where you can find the different icon design options. Click on your desired icon and choose “Okay.”
- Icons provided by the software from your computer. You can frequently change your iTunes icon by clicking on “browse” from the folder where you saved the files for the icons and select the one you prefer.
- Generic Microsoft Icons. Go to “my computer” and select "C:\Local Disk". Click on "System 32" and you will find a file on shell32.dll that shows generic icons for Microsoft and select the one you like.
- Always save the changes. Go to the properties window that you can find from the shortcut tab and click apply to save the changes you make with your iTunes icon.