Learn how to change Land Rover transmission oil to save yourself money and act like a man. If you find you have an oil leak from your land Rover, the chances are it will be from your oil pan. The gasket can leak but you have to remove the oil pan to get at it. Due to the off-road nature of these vehicles, the oil pan can take damage from rocks so it is a wise investment to change the oil pan in case the leak becomes worse and causes an engine seizure.
You will need the following:
- Crescent wrench
- Socket wrench and socket set
- New oil pan
- New engine oil
- New Oil pan gasket
- First of all you need to drain the oil which is already in the engine. You will find having the vehicle hoisted up level that this will make it easier. You do this by locating the drain pan plug. Loosen it with the crescent wrench and have an oil drain pan underneath it to catch the oil.
- Using the socket wrench, remove the bolts which hold the drain pan onto the engine. Remove the gasket and inspect the drain pan for dents and any metal filings. The gasket may be stuck therefore you will need to scrape it off. Make sure the mating surface is clean for the new drain pan.
- Fit the new gasket to the new drain pan, making sure the bolt holes are not covered. Some gasket sealant can help keep it in place.
- Fit the drain pan to the freshly cleaned bottom end of the engine. Secure and torque up the bolts correctly. Double check that the gasket is in place and there is a tight fit.
- Pour new oil into the oil filler and as much as is required by Land Rover. Start the engine and put a piece of cardboard under the drain pan to ensure there are no leaks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …