How To Change Message Tone On BlackBerry Curve
Still trying to figure out how to change message tone on Blackberry Curve? Don’t feel too bad. Sometimes even the most sophisticated techies can have trouble with the simplest tasks. Luckily, changing the message tone isn’t difficult at all. Listed below are the steps to get your Blackberry Curve functioning exactly like you want.
- Go to the "Profiles" menu. This is the first step in changing your message tone on the Blackberry Curve. You’ve probably used the profiles menu before to change ring volume and tones.
- Scroll down in the profiles menu until you see the "Advanced" option. Most menus have submenus like this for Advanced options. Does it make sense that changing the message tone on a Blackberry Curve should be categorized as “advanced”? Not really, but you’re on your way.
- Select the profile you want to edit. At this point you can also create a new profile if you want or a new exception (which will only make a temporary change).
- Select the message tone you want to change. You’ll find a list of the many different updates and notifications that your Blackberry Curve contains. While you are changing your message tones, you might also want to change the tones for email updates, incoming calls, calendar alerts, and more.
- Click the trackball on the options you’re looking to edit.
- Select the tone you want from the list of available sounds. Back out of all the menus, and you have successfully changed the message tone on your Blackberry Curve!