How To Change Network On Facebook
If you've recently changed networks out there in the "real world," then it's likely that you're going to want to know how to change network on Facebook. A Facebook network is what connects you to other people in your area that work, go to school, or attend the same clubs as you. By changing your network on Facebook, you'll be given a better opportunity to friend the people you know in real life online. Here's how to change your network on Facebook:
- Click the "Account" tab on the home screen. You'll find this handy little pull-down menu all the way to the right of the screen. Click it and a number of links should appear.
- Click the "Account Settings" link. The "Account Settings" link is the second choice under the "Account" drop-down menu. Aside from changing your network, this link is also handy if you want to change other things about your profile, such as e-mail addresses and privacy settings.
- Click the "Networks" tab. You'll find this tab at the very top of the account settings link, second from the left. Clicking this link will allow you to add, edit, or change your Facebook network.
- Join a new network. The first step to actually changing your network on Facebook-rather than just getting there!-is to join a new network. Do this by typing the network you wish to join in the box and clicking "Join Network."
- Delete your old network. Now that you've added a new network, the last part of changing your Facebook network is clicking the "Leave Network" link on your old network. You'll find this blue link underneath the "Edit Info" link on the right of the network box.
Changing your network on Facebook is easy and can be done in about two seconds flat. Some networks will require that you enter a work or school e-mail address just to verify that you actually belong in the network you say you do. In this case, you'll have to sign up for a work or school e-mail address before you can officially join their network.