How To Change Oil In 2009 Ford Fusion 2.3
At some point, you may need to know how to change oil in a 2009 Ford Fusion 2.3. The 2009 Ford Fusion 2.3 Duratec engine has a more environmentally friendly oil filter, with their filter cartridge. This stops metal waste which means when changing the oil, you need to replace a paper filter instead.
- Oil and new filter
- Socket and ratchet
- Plastic container for catching oil
- Service jack and axle stands
- Run the car for a few minutes so the oil becomes less viscose. Locate the oil drain plug which is at the front lower part of the engine (as opposed to the rear in most cases
- Jack the front end of the car up and secure it on axle stands. It is best to have the car level, so if you have two more axle stands, then lift the rear of the car enough so you can get access to the drain plug and the oil filter.
- Undo the oil drain plug and fit the container underneath to catch the used oil.
- Once the oil is drained, undo the oil filter cartridge unit and slide it out of the aperture. Again use the plastic container under here to catch any leftover oil.
- The new filter should come with a new crush 'O' ring. It is important to remove the oil one and use a new one at every oil change.
- Prime the oil filter cartridge with a light application of oil and slide it into the aperture. Refit the oil drain plug but do not over-tighten it.
- Fill the engine with oil by removing the oil cap which is at the top of the engine. Start the engine for a few minutes and then switch it off, check the oil level and top up with more oil if necessary.
Check after a few hundred miles that the oil level is staying constant and no drips are found on your driveway. If there is, the oil filter gasket 'O' ring or the drain plug might not be fully secured. Tighten up if necessary.