Do you need to know how to change the oil filter on a Toyota RAV4? If so, you need to understand that this is not your typical oil filter that can be simply unscrewed from the exterior of the engine. Changing the filter on a Toyota RAV4 is going to require a little more effort, ingenuity, tools and replacement parts. The Toyota RAV4 oil filter is an internal cartridge that must be removed from the engine.
To change the oil filter on your Toyota RAV4, you will need:
- A replacement cartridge
- A large O-ring
- A small O-ring
- A socket and ratchet with an extension
- Replacement oil
- A jack and jack stands
- An oil drain pan
- Jack up the front end of your Toyota RAV4 and secure it with jack stands. Make sure that the jack stands are sitting on a flat, solid surface and are flush against the frame of the vehicle. Put your drain pan underneath the oil filter housing.
- Unbolt the drain plug from the oil filter housing, using your ratchet and extension. Place the drain pipe that comes with your replacement cartridge into the hole and let the oil drain into the drainage pan. After the oil has drained, remove the pipe.
- After the oil has drained, unbolt the filter housing from the engine and remove the existing cartridge. Slide the new cartridge into place. Remove the large O-ring from the filter housing and replace it with the new one that comes with the Toyota RAV4 filter kit.
- Bolt the filter housing back to the engine and replace the small O-ring for the drainage plug. The small O-ring is included with the replacement cartridge.
- If you are only changing the filter and not the oil, check the oil with your dipstick. Determine the amount of oil that you will need to replace. Be very careful not to overfill the oil. Pour in a small amount and wait approximately five minutes and re-check the oil level.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.