How To Change OS
Learning how to change the OS on your computer is a great way to get a fresh start or to upgrade your operating system. If you’re using a MAC computer, there are several ways to change the OS. Here is a good step-by-step process on how to change the OS on your Mac computer.
- Save all of your information. Whether you’re saving all of the music, videos, or work files from your computer find a great place to store them so you know they will be safe. I recommend buying a USB hard drive to store all of your information on while changing your OS.
- Enter your new OS disc. All older and even new operating systems will come with a disc to install from. If you’re looking to have a dual boot machine, you will also need this disc. Put it into your system and begin the installation process.
- Restart your computer. There will be a prompt during the installation of your new OS to restart your computer. This is normal for changing your OS and you can click “OK” when it asks you to.
- Reformat your hard drive. Reformatting your hard drive is essential for freeing up all of the space on your drive so you can change your OS. You will be asked if you want to delete all of the information on your hard drive. Click “Yes” because you’ve already saved it previously.
- Complete the installation. Completing the installation could take an hour or two depending on your computer. You will have to enter all of your personal information and enter your system information when the OS has completed.