Your current phone is not operating correctly, so you decided to purchase another phone to replace your broken one, and now you need to know how to change phones. With having the same provider, the same number, and the same SIM card, it's really easy to change phones. To make it easier to change phones, purchase a phone from the same cellular carrier. When you use the same carrier, you don't have to worry about unlocking your phone and having to search for an unlock code. There are just a few simple steps to follow to be able to enjoy the use of your new phone.
To change phones you need:
- old phone
- new phone
- SIM card
- SD card (optional)
- Copy all of your contacts from your old phone to your SIM card, if you have not already done so. From the main menu select "Address Book," then select "SIM Management," and from there you would select "Copy Contacts To SIM." This will enable you to copy all of your contacts to your SIM card so that when you change phones you will still have all of your contacts.
- Remove the SIM card from your old phone. Turn off the old phone and remove the back cover, then the battery. The SIM card is usually located underneath the battery. Slide the SIM card out carefully from the holder, and place to the side. Remove your SD card as well if you want to reuse that as well.
- Remove the back cover from your new phone. If you are having difficulty, apply more pressure as you slide the cover downwards. Find where your SIM card and SD card slide into the new phone. Once you remove the battery, the SIM card holder is typically located underneath or around the battery. The SD slot will either be near where the SIM card goes or on the side of your phone.
- Replace the battery and the back cover and turn on the phone. Once your new phone is booted up, it will usually say initializing or updating when it is turned on given that the SIM card is inserted correctly. Give your phone a couple of minutes to read all of the data on your SIM card and SD card.
- Do a test call to make sure that your new phone is working properly. All of your contacts should automatically show up when you click on "Contacts." You are now able to enjoy your new phone. You do not have to contact your cell phone provider once you switch to your new phone. Your information will automatically be transferred to your new phone once you put in your SIM card.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.