Need to know how to change your relationship status on Facebook? This means you probably just had a serious change with a significant others. Facebook is kind enough offer a status for anything you could think of: single, engaged, married, widowed, it’s complicated, in an open relationship, and just plain separated. Regardless of whether you just tied the knot, or you want show off your new friend with benefits, Facebook can display it.
To change relationship status on Facebook, you will need:
- A Facebook account
- A change in your relationship status
- Sign in to your account. You probably sign into your Facebook account every day, but in case you forgot: Enter your email address and password in the proper boxes, and then press "Login."
- Go to your profile. Since your relationship status is located on your profile page, you need to go to your profile to change it. To do this, click the "Profile" link in the top right corner of the home page. It’s between "Home" and "Account."
- Go to your info page. When you click the "Profile" button, usually it takes you to your wall, but you want to go to the info page. Find the "Info" tab just next to the "Wall" tab, and click it.
- Change relationship status. When you first land on the info page, you won’t be able to change anything. Straight across from the words, “About Me,” you will find a button that looks pencil icon with the word, “Edit,” next to it. Click that. Now, there is a menu on the left of the page. Choose "Relationships" from the left-hand menu. A new page appears, and the top of it there is a drop-down box to change relationship status. Click the box, choose a new relationship status, and click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Now you know how to change relationship status on Facebook, so get out there, meet new people, fall in love, break some hearts, and keep all your Facebook friends informed.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.