How To Change Swiss Army Watch Battery
Your watch has stopped running and you want to know how to change a Swiss Army watch battery? Swiss Army watches are known for their quality, style, and durability. Theses watches are made to be open with special tools, but tools that you can purchase from a store that you can use yourself. When you need your Swiss Army watch battery changed, instead of spending money to take it to a Jeweler, you can save money by changing the battery yourself.
To change a Swiss Army watch battery, you will need:
- new watch battery
- needle nosed pliers
- flat covered surface
- Place the watch face down. Use a flat rubber surface if you have one, or just a covered flat surface to place your watch on face down. This will prevent the face of the watch from getting scratched. It will also provide some support for when you turn the back plate to remove your Swiss Army watch battery.
- Insert the pliers into the notches on the watch plate. On the back of the watch plate look for two notches. Adjust the needle nosed pliers to equal reach each side of the watch plate notch. Place the ends of the pliers to fit into each notch.
- Unscrew the back plate. Press down on the pliers as you carefully apply some pressure to them. Begin to slowly turn the pliers counter-clockwise and use them like you would a wrench to loosen the back plate. Unscrew your Swiss Army watch back plate just enough until you can use your hand to finish unscrewing it.
- Remove the old battery. Locate the metal Swiss Army watch battery. Pay attention to the direction the battery is faced in the watch. Remove the battery by placing a fingernail underneath it to pry it out, or you can turn the watch over for the battery to fall out.
- Insert the new battery. Put the new Swiss Army watch battery in the same direction that the old one came out. Once the battery is in the watch, replace the back plate and turn it clockwise by hand as tight as you can. Now use the pliers to finish tightening the back plate.