How To Change Tennis Racquet Grip
Your tennis racquet grip has gotten old and worn and you need to know how to change tennis racquet grip. The grip of the tennis racquet is extremely important because it is what helps to control your game. if your grip is ripped or torn it can have a negative effect on your game. Over time and after hundreds of tennis games your tennis racquet grip will get worn and will need to be replaced. Replacing a tennis racquet grip is easy to do and only takes a few minuets of your time.
To change a tennis racquet grip you need:
- tennis racquet
- new grip wrap
- Remove the old grip. Unwrap the old grip wrap from the tennis racquet grip handle. If needed, you can use a flat head screwdriver to help remove the staple before removing the old grip.
- Prepare the new grip. Remove the new grip from its case. On your new grip unroll twelve to fifteen inches of the new grip and carefully remove the backing of the tape.
- Begin to apply the new grip. Hold the racquet upside down as you take the tapered end of the tennis racquet grip and attach it to the but cap of the racquet. The tapered end of the new grip with the adhesive tape helps to keep the grip in place when applying it.
- Wrap the grip around the tennis racquet. If you are a right-handed player you will wrap the grip clockwise and if you are left-handed you will wrap the grip counter-clockwise. As you turn the racquet in your hand carefully begin to wrap the tennis racquet grip around the racquet.
- Continue wrapping the grip until you reach the top of the handle. Once the grip reaches the top of the handle use a small piece of tape to secure it in place. Wrap a new piece of tape completely around the tennis racquet grip.