Learn how to change timing belt on 2004 Honda Accord 4 cylinder to save you money. Honda recommends that you change the timing belt on your vehicle at certain intervals to prevent damage to the engine. The 2004 Accord has two timing belts and you can change both of them at the same time. Timing belt changes can be difficult, but possible with the right tools and instructions. Follow these steps to change timing belt on 2004 Honda Accord 4 cylinder.
To change timing belt on 2004 Honda Accord 4 cylinder, you will need:
- Lug wrench
- Wrench set
Jack the front of the car up. Remove the front right wheel using a lug wrench.
- Remove the bolts that secure the rocker cover on the top of the engine head. Unhook each of the four spark plug wires on the top of the engine head.
- Remove the bolts that that secure the timing belt cover. Note that you might need to life the engine up slightly to do this.
- Place a jack of some sort under the engine. Remove the right engine mount. Ensure that you properly place the jack under the engine so that it holds the engine in place once you remove the engine mount.
- Remove the drive belt from the alternator and power steering pump. Set this belt aside.
Remove the bolt near the wheel on the crankshaft pulley. Remove the timing belt cover.
Remove the dipstick tube by removing the bolts and pulling it out. Remove the bolts in the lower timing cover. Pry off the cover with a crowbar and remove it.
- Place a mark on the crank key and the flywheel. This mark will help you understand which way the crank shaft should be facing so that you can properly install the new timing belt.
- Loosen the tensioner bolts. Push the tensioner pulley to the "Loose" position and re-tighten the tensioner bolts. Remove the lower pulley by pulling it towards you.
Remove both timing belts by sliding them off the pulleys. Replace the timing belts with new belts. Follow these steps in reverse to reassemble the vehicle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …