How To Change Twitter Picture
Your Twitter picture is just as connected to your online personality as your Twitter name. It is recommended that you use a real photo of yourself, to make your tweets more personal. Some opt to use an avatar, or related logo, instead. Whatever you choose, it is quite easy to upload and change your picture on Twitter.
To change your twitter picture, you will need the following:
- Twitter account, accessible from the Twitter website.
- Photos saved on your hard drive.
- Upload a photo to be able to change your Twitter picture. Go to your Twitter homepage to get started. On the top to the right, click "Settings." From that page, click the tab that says "Profile." The first option will be related to your picture. If you have no picture uploaded, you will see the default Twitter bird logo, and an empty box, with the word "Browse" next to it. Click "Browse" to choose a photo from your computer's desktop. Double-click the name of the file you wish to upload for your photo, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click save. You should now see your picture.
- Change Twitter picture if not satisfied. Perhaps you are tired of the Twitter picture you have been using. Follow the same steps as above, starting at "Settings" on the homepage, then "Profile" from there. Next to your current photo will be the option "Change Image." Click it to get to the browsing box. Upload your new picture the same way, then scroll down to the bottom and click save.
- Delete current photo to change your Twitter picture. Maybe you just don't want to have any identifying photo up anymore. Again, go to "Settings" from the homepage, and click "Profile." Next to the picture, there will be the option of "Delete this image." Click this and your photograph will be removed and revert back to the Twitter bird icon.
- Alert your followers when you your change Twitter picture. Followers may be thrown off initially when you change your profile image. Send out a tweet letting them know that you have done so.
Tips and Warnings:
- Avoid changing your Twitter picture too often, as it can lead to confusion. You are just as recognized by your image as you are by your username.