How To Change Watch Battery
Your battery on your watch has slowed down and you want to know how to change a watch battery. Changing a battery yourself will not cost you much at all; just a few dollars for the battery. Depending on what type of watch you have, a Jeweler can charge up to the same amount, if not more than the price of the watch just to change the battery. Changing a watch battery is a do-it-yourself job that you can get done in a few simple steps.
To change a watch battery you need:
- new battery
- a lint free cloth
- tiny flat-head screwdriver
- Spread out your lint free cloth on a flat surface. Place the watch face down on this cloth. This will prevent the watch face from being scratched or damaged.
- Pry off the back cover of the watch. Find the small depression along the edge of the back cover of the watch. Use a tiny flat-head screwdriver to place in that depression and pry off the back cover.
- Remove the battery. Take the rubber gasket out of the watch. Locate the battery, usually held by a clip. If a clip is present, pry the battery out of its compartment from underneath the clip using your tiny screwdriver.
- Insert the new battery. Place the new battery into the watch in the same position the old one was in. If necessary, place the new battery underneath the clip. Place the plastic gasket over the battery compartment of the watch battery.
- Replace the back cover. Put the back cover on the watch and press down until it snaps back into place.
- Make sure the watch battery is working. Remove the watch from the lint free cloth. Turn the watch over on its face and make sure the watch is running and working properly. Set the current time on your new watch and enjoy once more.