Need to know how to change wheels on inline hockey skates? Changing out the wheels on your hockey skates is a simple one-person task. Changing the wheels on inline hockey skates will prolong the overall life of the skates. Replacing the wheels on your hockey skates is far less expensive then replacing the skates just because the wheels are worn. Changing your inline hockey skate wheels will save you money and headaches in the end. The wheels can require changing for more reasons than just wear. It is possible to break, crack or otherwise ruin the wheel. There is also the possibility of having a wheel that is defective. Whatever the reason, learning this simple operation will save you money, period. The tools you need will depend on the fasteners used in your inline hockey skates; the ones below are the most common.
To change the wheels on inline hockey skates, you will need:
- Inline hockey skates requiring new wheels
- Replacement inline hockey skate wheels
- An adjustable wrench
- An Allen wrench
- A screwdriver
- Place the inline hockey skate on a flat surface. Secure the inline hockey skate so it will not move around. Adjust the adjustable wrench to the proper size for the nut holding in the skate wheel.
- Place the Allen wrench in the other side, securing the mechanism. Loosen the nut with the adjustable wrench, just enough so you can remove it with your fingers. Place the nut and bolt aside and remove the wheel.
- Pick up the replacement inline hockey skate wheel and examine it. Make certain the new wheel has bearings; if not, carefully remove the bearing from the old wheel. You can remove the old bearing with a screwdriver. Be careful not to pop the bearings out as you risk losing them. Place them in the replacement wheel by simply pushing them into place with your fingers.
- Place the replacement inline hockey skate wheel into place. Put the bolt through and finger tighten the wheel. Complete this process for all the wheels. Once you have places the wheels, tighten the nuts from back to front with the adjustable wrench. Repeat on the second skate and you are done.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …