Most car owners don’t think much about how to change the wiper blades on a Toyota until the blades don’t perform effectively anymore. Automobile experts recommend changing the windshield wipers yearly. Fortunately, although there are many Toyota models, the process of changing the wiper blades is generally very similar.
- Wiper blades
- Purchase the right blades for your vehicle’s model. The package normally contains pictures or names of car models to show which models are compatible.
- Note Toyota wiper blades characteristics. You will notice that one of the new Toyota wiper blades is longer than the other one. The longer one goes on the passenger side, while the shorter one goes on the driver’s side. You will also notice that older Toyota wiper blades have one hole on the mounting area, while the new ones have two holes. Don’t worry, they will still work.
- Release the wiper blade. Use your thumb to push in the small tab while you pull the wiper blade off the wiper arm.
- Hold the wiper arm in an upright position with one hand. Position the new wiper blade over the U-shape hook on the wiper arm with the other hand, and slide it in until it snaps on.
- Repeat steps three and four to install the other blade. Pull on each blade to ensure that they are secure in place. Otherwise, they could come off the first time you use them while driving down the highway.
As you can see, changing your Toyota wiper blades does not take long. It’s simple, yet the benefits are many. You can have a better driving experience if you run into bad weather conditions. You also enjoy peace of mind knowing that your Toyota is equipped to handle inclement weather.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.