How To Change Xbox 360 Nat Settings
The Xbox 360 is a popular game console created by Microsoft, and you might need to learn how to change Xbox 360 NAT settings in order to use the Xbox Live service. Sometimes when you are playing a multiplayer game over Xbox Live, you get a warning or error message indicating that your connection may be lagging or not working at all due to the fact that your NAT settings are not open. The NAT settings refers to several configuration settings on the router that your Xbox 360 is connected to. Changing these configuration settings allows you to easily connect to any online game, as the traffic will go directly to the Xbox without being filtered by the router or router firewall.
To change Xbox 360 NAT settings you will need:
- IP address for router and Xbox 360
- Username and any password for router
- Get your Xbox 360 IP address if you do not have it already. Access this information by pressing the Xbox button in the middle of your controller and going to "System." Under the "Network Settings" tab you'll find the IP address. Write this down.
- Go to a computer that is connected to the network the Xbox 360 is on. Type the router IP address into your Internet browser's address bar and press Enter.
- Login with a username and password if required by the router configuration page.
- Click "DMZ" once you see it on the configuration page. Enable this setting and enter the Xbox 360 IP address. Save your changes.
- Click "Port Forwarding" or a similar section in your configuration menu. Enter your Xbox 360's IP address. Forward ports 83 to 85 UDP and ports 3073 to 3075 UDP and TCP. Save your changes and reset the router to power cycle it.