How To Change Xbox Live Gamer Tag
So you feel its time to learn how to change your Gamer Tag. There is only one way to do this and you will need to access your account through your Xbox 360 console.
Turn on your Xbox. You will need to turn your console on to change your Xbox gamer tag. Duh.
- Sign into your account. You will need to be signed into Xbox Live for this process.
After signing in, go to the My Xbox menu. Scroll one box to the right and click on your avatar.
- Profile Button. After you click on your avatar, there will be a menu with a few options. Click on the profile button.
- Edit Profile. After you click the "Profile Button," it will ask what you want to do with your profile. You will want to click on edit profile.
- Now it will ask you what in your profile you want to edit. Simply click on the words Gamer Tag.
- Guidelines Here it will tell you the guidelines and regulations about choosing a new Gamer Tag. If you agree to them click continue to change your gamer tag.
New tag. Here you will enter your new desired Xbox Live Gamer Tag. As long as it does not violate any rules and it isn't taken already, it will allow you to continue.
- Payment Now you arrive to the payment screen to change your gamer tag. To change your gamer tag, you will need to spend 800 Microsoft Points which is equivalent to US$10. If you do not have 800 Microsoft points on your account already, you have the option of going to your local video game store to buy them or entering your credit card number on your console to charge it.
- Confirm All that is left to do is confirm your purchase on changing your gamer tag. You are now the proud owner of a brand new Gamer Tag. Feel free to test it out on your favorite video game.
Posted on: Mar. 02, 2010