How To Change Your Name On Facebook
Need to know how to change your name on Facebook? Facebook has become a popular social networking tool. Allowing you to “friend” just about anyone, Facebook also allows people to search for you by name or email address. You may decide to change your name for any number of reasons.
- Login to your Facebook account. Go to Facebook and enter your log in credentials and click the “Login” button.
- Click the “Account” link in the upper right-hand corner. Click “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu. This will bring you to the “My Account” page. On the “Settings” tab, locate the “Name” section.
- Click the “Change” link in the “Name" section on the far right corner. In the “First Name” textbox, delete the name you have entered. Type in the new “First Name” you would like to use. In the “Middle Name” textbox, delete the name you have entered. Type the new “Middle Name” you would like to use. Your middle name is optional and you don’t have to fill it in. In the “Last Name” textbox, enter the new last name you would like to use.
- Enter an alternate name in the “Full Alternate Name” if you would like to use a different name than entered into the text boxes. For example, if you entered the name John T. Smith, you can type “Johnny T-boy Smith” in the “Full Alternate Name” textbox.
- Click the “Change Name” button once you are fully satisfied with your new full name. Facebook will change your name within 24 hours.