How To Check My AOL Email
A common question for new America Online (AOL) users is, "how do I check my AOL email?" AOL makes it easy to learn how to check your email. Plus, it gives you the convenience of accessing your email account from any computer with an internet connection.
To check AOL email, you will need:
- Computer with internet access
- AOL email account
- AOL screen name and password
- Double click the AOL icon on your computer to open the AOL software. Log on to AOL using your username and password.
- Look at the top left corner of the AOL environment for the mailbox icon. If you have email, the red flag on the mailbox will be up. There will be a number next to the flag telling you how many new email messages you have. Click the mailbox to open the email environment. You email will be listed in your inbox.
- Click to highlight the email you want to read. Click the "Read" button located at the bottom of the open window or just double click the email to open it.
- Decide what you want to do with the email you just read. The option buttons are displayed at the bottom of the inbox window. The options are "Read," "Save," "Keep as New," "Status," "Report Spam" and "Delete."
Tips & Warnings:
- You don’t need to have the AOL software installed on your computer to check your AOL email. Visit AOL.com and click the AOL email icon in the “My Stuff” section of the AOL home page. Enter your username or Email address and your password to access your email account.
- AOL will never ask you for your password information or credit card information. Never submit this information by responding to an email.
- Report spam email (unsolicited email) to AOL by clicking the "Report Spam" button.