How To Check Transmission Fluid In 2002 Land Rover
If you have a Land Rover, you may want to know how to check transmission fluid in a 2002 Land Rover. The steps for the how to check transmission fluid will depend on the model Land Rover you have. There are two possible ways to check the transmission fluid in a Land Rover. Transmissions in Land Rover's are quite expensive, so a little precaution and maintenance can go a long way to save your checkbook.
You will need:
- Hex wrench
- Paper towel and/or rag
- Transmission fluid
How to check transmission fluid in 2002 Land Rover Freelander, Discovery and Range Rover that does not have a under the hood dipstick:
- After the car has been running for at least ten minutes, crawl under the car. Since the 2002 Land Rover Freelander does not have a transmission dipstick, this is a necessary step.
- Locate the hex bolt on the transmission. This is the bleed-over cap. It should be next to the selector cable. You will need a five millimeter hex to unscrew it.
- Unscrew the hex bolt. If fluid is coming out, the level is fine. If there is no transmission fluid coming out, the fluid needs to be topped off with LRN402.
How to check transmission fluid in 2002 Land Rover that has an under the hood dipstick:
- Start vehicle and run until vehicle is warm. This should take about ten minutes or so.
- Open hood and locate the transmission dipstick. The dipstick should be on the right hand side towards the back of the Land Rover.
- Pull out the dipstick. Wipe with a paper towel or rag.
- Replace dipstick. Remove dipstick and recheck fluid.
- Add additional transmission fluid if necessary. Repeat steps three to five as needed until fluid level is full.