To keep your BMW running in tip top shape, you will want to learn how to check transmission fluid in a BMW. A BMW has a dipstick making checking the transmission fluid quick and easy. In just a few minutes you can check transmission fluid in a BMW and be on your way. Checking the transmission fluid should be included in the general check over of your vehicle. To check transmission fluid in a BMW you will want to following the steps below. If transmission fluid is low you will want to repeat steps 4 to 6 until the fluid level hits the full mark.
To check transmission fluid in a BMW, you will need:
- A level parking area
- Transmission fluid
- Pull BMW onto level area. Keep motor running. If you check the fluid without the motor running, you will get an incorrect reading on the dipstick.
- Pull hood release on inside of BMW. Release secondary latch under the hood of the BMW.
- Locate the transmission fluid dipstick. Remove dipstick and wipe with a clean rag.
- Replace dipstick completely. The dipstick needs to be pushed in completely in before it is pulled out to get an accurate reading. Pull dipstick again and check transmission fluid level.
- If the level is good, replace the dipstick. Close the hood and shut the engine off.
- If the level is low, add transmission fluid a little at a time. Recheck level again. Continue adding transmission fluid in a BMW until the level reaches the full mark.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …