If you have an uncontrollable urge to make people happy, you should have a good strategy on how to cheer someone up. Not everybody has the naturally ability to cheer someone up. However, anyone with a good heart can follow an easy strategy that will make someone feel better. Be a good person and follow these steps on how to cheer someone up.
- Listen to the person's problem. Many times, all it takes is simply listening to cheer someone up. When you are listening to someone's problems, it is easy to interject your problems into the conversation. However, when someone is down in the dumps, they really do not need to hear about your everyday problems. If you really want to help someone, you will just lend a sympathetic ear to her. As an added bonus, listening to another person's problems will help take your mind off of your own problems.
- Do something fun with them. When you are stuck in a rut, it is easy to curl up in a ball and hide out in your house. If someone you know is at this stage, getting them out of the house and doing something fun with them will help cheer them up. You do not need to have an elaborate day planned for this to work. Something as simple as taking them to see a funny movie can pull them out of the rut that they are in.
- Buy this person a gift. Just relax, because you do not have to spend hundreds of dollars just to cheer someone up. A single flower or a small box of candy will show this person that you are thinking about them while they are down. Even if you just buy a small gift, take the time to wrap it in beautiful paper or put a large bow on it. To make it a super special gift, attach a personal note to it, telling this person that they are a special person in your life.
- Do a favor for them. Since we live in such a fast-paced hectic world, it is easy to feel overwhelmed and depressed. The truth is that most people are overbooked and over-stressed. When this happens to someone, offer to do a favor for this person. For example, you can offer to wash their car, or pick their child up from school. Having some pressure taken off of her daily life will help cheer her up. While you are doing a favor for them, you can mention how you manage to get everything done with your busy schedule.
- Send them a card. Stop and read that again. It says send them a card. It does not say send them a text message. There is still something very special about getting a card, with a hand written message, in the mail. Really, it will only take a maximum of five minutes to do something that could make a person's entire day. Just knowing that you took the time to buy a card, write a message, and mail it, will go a long way in cheering someone up.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?