How to Choose Baseball Glove
Need to know how to choose a baseball glove? Choosing the right baseball glove will depend on the position you wish to play. Baseball gloves are designed by position or grouped by positions. For example, there are baseball gloves specifically designed for catchers, first basemen, infield and outfield players. Knowing your position will guide you to the proper baseball glove.
To choose a baseball glove, you will need:
- A desire to play the sport
- A little bit of skill
- An understanding of the rules
- An idea of where you might like to play on the field
- Evaluate your skill level and where you would like to play. Once you have decided on your position, head to the local sporting goods store. Find a salesperson who can direct you to the selection of gloves for your position.
- Once there, try on several gloves. Choose by manufacturer and know that some gloves for specific positions will vary slightly in size. All baseball gloves will be stiff and hard to close. Do not be concerned about this, as in time they will “break in.”
- Find a glove that your hand fits into with the wrist guard over your wrist. Your fingers should not be cramped. They also should have very little room to wiggle or space between the tip and the end of the finger slots in the glove. The baseball glove should fit snug on your hand. This will help in controlling the glove when catching the baseball.
There you have it. You have chosen your position and gone out and purchased the appropriate baseball glove and sized it for your hand as well. Enjoy playing with your new baseball glove!