It is important to know how to choose the best ski poles for snow skiing. For beginner or intermediate skiers, ski poles can make you feel more balanced and secure. If you are a more experienced skier, ski poles can allow for more aggressive skiing. When shopping for ski equipment, many skiers put off purchasing ski poles until last. They are more concerned with getting boots that fit properly and finding bindings to go with their skis. But finding the right ski pole is also important. Having the wrong ski poles can make your skiing experience unbearable.
- The ski poles length will determine your stance. This is a very important step. If you choose poles that are too short, you will be leaning forward too much, and if ski poles are too long, you may fall backwards. To choose the best ski pole length, stand straight up and tip the ski pole upside down and hold the pointed end. If you find yourself lowering or raising your arm, look for another pole.
- The basket of the ski pole is there so the pole won’t go too deep in the snow. The basket is just above the tip. The basket is important as to the terrain you will be skiing on. Powder slopes require a larger basket and packed slopes need a smaller basket.
- The handle grip strap should be tight to prevent wrist and thumb injuries. Because of the fact that men have larger hands, they should choose a larger grip handle. Since you will most likely be skiing with gloves, make sure you have gloves on when trying out the grip.
- Determine how much you want to spend. Aluminum poles are usually the cheapest but they do break easier than other poles. Composite poles are sturdy and rather affordable.
Choosing ski poles may seem like a daunting task but it really isn’t. Hopefully these great tips will help.
- Choose ski poles that are best for your skiing skill level and height.
- Do not purchase ski poles for children that are too long thinking that they will grow into them. They can cause injury.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.