To learn how to choose eyeglass frames, you will first need to identify various facial features and shape. You want your eyeglass frames to flatter your face shape instead of clash with it. At the same time, you would also want the eyeglasses to suit your lifestyle and personality.
- Square. A square face refers to one with a broad forehead and angular chin. The top and bottom of the face is approximately of the same width. If you have a square face, you will want to choose eyeglass frames that soften the angles. As such, round and oval frames will be very suitable for you. Avoid picking frames that are rectangular.
- Oblong. The most prominent feature of an oblong face is that it is longer than it is wide. Other facial features for an oblong face include high cheekbones, long nose, and a tall forehead. Tall frames and broad lenses will make an oblong face appears shorter than it actually is, and thus will flatter the person more.
- Round. A round face has a gentle curve and the forehead is proportionate with the jaw line. If you have a round face, you should then choose eyeglass frames that are more angular. Rectangular frames will also be flattering on a round face. Avoid large and round frames as they will make the face look rounder and shorter.
- Heart. If you have a heart shape face like Reese Witherspoon, you will want to choose eyeglass frames that are bottom-heavy as your chin is much narrower than your forehead. Avoid getting broad frames as it will draw attention to your wide forehead and will not be flattering.
- Triangle. A triangular face features a narrow forehead and a wide chin. Semi-rimless frames will help accentuate the forehead, while top-heavy eyeglasses frames will balance the widened jaw line.
- Choose eyeglass frames according to your lifestyle is extremely important. For example, if you often wear your glasses to work, pick frames that are rectangular or oval. If you are a college student, then you may pursue various shapes and colors.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …