How To Choose A Golf Bag
Understanding how to choose a golf bag and the importance of having the right one may not be realized until after you have carried your golf clubs in an uncomfortable bag for a round of golf. The number of clubs that you carry, the need for extra storage, and the comfort of the bag on your back are all factors that should be considered when choosing a golf bag.
- Determine which type of golf bag is best for you. The tour bag, stand bag and carry bags are the three types chosen by most golfers. These are carried on the shoulder by use of a wide single or double strap. A cart golf bag, which is meant to be wheeled, might be preferred if you have physical limitations that prevent you from carrying a bag.
- Consider the size of the golf bag. A larger bag may give you more options. Not only to accommodate more clubs but with added pockets and compartments for storage of other items. Consider where the golf bag will be stored, and if the size of bag you have chosen will fit in the storage space at your home.
- How much weight is too much? Golf bags are made of various materials. The type of material and the size of the bag will be factors in the total weight of the bag. If the bag feels heavy when lifting it at the store, think about how heavy it will feel with the addition of your golf clubs and accessories.
- Golf club dividers will protect your equipment. Golf bags that provide separate compartments for each club will protect your clubs from damage and keep them in better shape in the long run. The dividers also make it easier to retrieve and put away the clubs with each use.
- Decide how much to spend on your golf bag. Price may play a role in your golf bag choice. The golf bag you choose will not help nor hinder your golf game. It is simply an accessory to carry the items you need. How often you play golf and your personal budget may guide you in choosing the right golf bag for you.