How To Choose Ice Skates For Hockey
Many people inquire about how to choose ice skates for hockey. There are variations among ice skates and some are more tuned for sports such as figure skating while some are made specifically for ice hockey. There are a few things to consider when buying hockey skates they range from common sense things that everyone knows about, to things that you must know about and yet your average everyday person wouldn’t.
What you will need:
- About two hundred dollars
- Enough time to try on plenty of skates
- A ride
- The first thing you want to do is decide on the store you’re going to. This might seem irrelevant, but you want to find a reputable place of business to make sure you aren’t going to get ripped off buying your hockey skates. Avoid places like Wal-Mart are not specialized in hockey skates because they will probably have one or two pairs, and they will most likely be of very poor quality.
- After you have chosen your store, go there and find the ice skates. Start narrowing down the skates by size, the size shouldn’t be much different from your shoe size.
- Now that you have found your size, you will want to then look at how each skate in your size fits. Even if all of the skates are the same size, they all still have a different feel. A certain skate may feel tighter than another skate. Tip: When trying on the hockey skates, keep on mind you want it to be comfortable, not falling off your foot or cutting of the circulation to it!
- The last thing to check for is stiffness of the hockey skate. Searching through the same brand of skate you felt the best in the last step, check the stiffness of the skate. Remember that the higher the number the more stiff, and also that the stiffness you want to get you should judge by your weight i.e. a higher weight means a higher stiffness!
- Purchase your hockey skates and enjoy!