How To Choose A Tennis Racquet
Learning how to choose a tennis racquet will enable you to make a good decision when purchasing a tennis racquet. The perfect tennis racquet depends on your skill level, usage and personal preferences. Each individual person will have their own idea of what tennis racquet is best for them therefore there is no perfect tennis racquet. Learning how to choose a tennis racquet will enable you to find the best tennis racquet for you.
- Identify your skill level. Determine if you are a beginner, intermediate or pro. Without any professional classes or training you will likely fall into the beginner or intermediate category. Determining your skill level is important as many tennis racquet retailers divide the tennis racquets based on skill level.
- Choose a racquet type. Choose the tennis racquet that best fits your need. There are many tennis racquet types including improvement, player and tweener.
- Choose the attributes. Select a head size and length for the tennis racquet. Choosing a larger head size provides more power for the tennis racquet. Larger head size also offers more surface space to make contact with the tennis ball. Choosing a longer tennis racquet will provide more reach when playing.
- Choose frame characteristics. Choose the tennis racquet with the frame attributes that meet your needs. Choosing a lightweight tennis racquet may be best for you or possibly a heavier tennis racquet will feel more sturdy. Make a decision as to whether you want a firm or flexible tennis racquet.
- Choose a comfortable fit. Pick the tennis racquet up and make sure the grip size is correct. Choose a tennis racquet that has a nice feel and sits in your hand comfortably.
- The perfect tennis racquet will be comfortable and have a good fit in your hand.
- The perfect tennis racquet may not always be the most popular choice.