How To Choose A Wetsuit
Do you want to know how to choose a wetsuit? There´s a wide variety of wetsuits available in the market. Depending on the intended use, expected weather and budget, choosing the right wetsuit can be the difference between a great day in the water and a severe cold on bed.
To choose a wetsuit you will need:
- A computer with Internet access. Before you go walking around the store, a search online can save time and money. And depending on where you live, Internet can be the only actual way to get in touch with a wetsuit seller.
- Time. As with most things in life, the time invested pays with quality. A good search leads to a good find.
- A measuring tape. You will need the exact dimensions of your body to choose the right wetsuit.
The steps to choose a wetsuit are:
- Decide what are you going to do with the wetsuit. If you are planning on using it for white water rafting or cold sea diving or kayaking, a suit 5 millimeters thick and with long sleeves and legs is the right choice. Depending on how cold is it, you´ll probably need a dry suit. If you are going to be surfing or feel uncomfortable and trapped in a long sleeve suit, try a short one, but remember, you might get cold. For the caribbean, 3 millimeters thick suits should be enough.
- Measure your body. Take a look at one of the major brand´s sizecharts, and measure yourself. You might need someone else´s help.
- Go online and check for availability. Internet gives access to virtually every suit that is in the market, so check online and look for the right one. But, if you´ve never used a wetsuit, your best choice is going to a specialized store and checking there. Most of big nationwide stores offer wetsuits, eventhough most of the employees will not be able to help. However, it´s worth a try.
- Make profit of the off season. Being wetsuits a seasonal product, make sure you buy when they are on sale, after the summer.
Remember, a good search can prevent spending too much or getting cold in the water. So take your time, and then enjoy.